Natural Remedies > Rhus Toxicodendron Fact Sheet
Rhus Toxicodendron is commonly known as poison ivy and is well known worldwide for the rash that forms when its oil rubs on the skin. Over the centuries it has been used to aid disorders such as paralysis and rheumatism. If it is used neat (and not diluted) symptoms such as a rash, nausea, fever, delirium, swollen glands, and ulcers may result.
Homoeopaths use Rhus Toxicodendron to treat conditions that may be accompanied by a fever, restlessness, and swollen glands.
Rhus Toxicodendron was made as a remedy by recognizing the reactions of healthy individuals to undiluted doses. The changes in the individuals were recorded.
When a Homoeopath sees a patient with a set of similar symptoms to the recorded ones induced by sulphur, they then prescribe it in an extremely dilute form. In a highly diluted dosage, Rhus Toxicodendron can eliminate the symptoms that it creates when it is at full strength.
Rhus Tox (as it is also known) is available over the counter.
Professional advice is required for
each particular ailment and for dosages.